If you're considering an upgrade from your regular push lawnmower, you may want to opt for a ride-on mower; they may be more expensive, but their numerous advantages justify the higher price tag. Not only do ride-on mowers look attractive, but they also make mowing your lawn a whole lot easier. Read on for more information on the benefits on ride-on mowers and how owning one will make you the envy of your neighbourhood!
What is a ride-on mower?
Ride-on mowers are lawnmowers that are able to propel themselves; all you have to do is guide them in the right direction. Many of these mowers resemble small tractors, with their cutting decks suspended underneath.
You may very well feel like you're driving your car when riding one of these, especially as many ride-on mowers these days come with an automatic transmission, cushioned steering wheels and cup holders. They even come with headlights in case you want to do your mowing at night, which is a great feature to have during hot Australian summers.
What other advantages do ride-on lawnmowers have?
Ride-on lawnmowers have many other features that make them worth the upgrade. Here are just some of them:
- They are perfect if you have a very large yard and you like it to look in tip-top shape but don't want to deal with the hassle of a push mower.
- Because of their adjustable cutting decks, you can cut taller and sturdy grass and undeveloped areas of your lawn, things that your push mower would find harder to handle.
- If your lawn is hilly, a ride-on mower can make your life a lot easier and will save you a lot of energy that you'd expend if you were having to push around a mower.
- Many ride-on mowers come with useful attachments to help you clean up your yard, including bagging kits to collect the clippings as you mow, ploughs for removing snow, mulching attachments, and attachments that help you spread grass seed or fertilizer.
- Ride-on mowers have a greater fuel capacity than push mowers, and they have an electric start.
- If you have mobility issues, a ride on mower makes keeping your yard looking nice a lot easier as it does most of the work for you.
- Ride-on mowers are much easier to take care of than push mowers, and it's generally easier to find replacement motor parts than it would be for a push mower.
To learn more, contact a retailer that sells Husqvarna lawnmowers and other brands.Share